Who are the best people to talk to in the school about my child’s difficulties with learning/Special Educational Needs & disabilities (SEND)?
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) is: Mrs Yvette Lloyd
Our SEN Governor is: Mr Keith Weston
Mrs Lloyd (who is contactable at the school) is responsible for:
• Co-ordinating all the support for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and/or Disabilities and developing the school’s SEN Policy to make sure all the children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
Ensuring that you are:
• involved in supporting your child’s learning,
• kept informed about the support your child is getting,
• involved in reviewing how they are doing,
• part of planning ahead for them,
• Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology etc.
• Updating the school’s SEN register (a system for ensuring all the SEN needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs &
• To provide specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so that they can help your child (and other pupils with SEN in the school) achieve the best possible progress in school.