The Parent and Family Support Adviser (PFSA) is a free service for parents, carers and families. Our PFSA is Mrs Katie Huggins and she can be contacted on telephone number: 07854 251625
Our PFSA covers a selection of schools in and around Yeovil and visits the schools on a weekly basis. Our PFSA can provide;
- Support and advice on behaviour, commuicating with the school and services, talking through any concerns you may have about your child/ren.
- Target setting; together you can set realistic and achievable targets to help make improvements and move forward.
- Improving attendance and achievement; help your child to improve in their education, social skills and learning.
- Support services (or at home); help to find other suitable services and resources in addition to the PFSA's.
PFSAs are NOT:
- Teachers or Social Workers.
- Fully accredited Counsellors.
- Marriage Guidance or Mediators.
They also CANNOT provide:
- Crisis intervention.
- Childminding or transport services.
- Or deal directly with contact or legal issues between parents.
Please find Katie's leaflet attached below: